What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Can you recommend drip dry drip irrigation connections?

Figs4all

Fundamental
2022-02-03-18-47-09-727.jpg
This is a wifi camera view from my insulated FigBox. This is part of my plan to keep an eye on the figlets while traveling. I plan to install an automatic drip irrigation system as well. I am looking for recommendations on drip emitters and connections for a 1/2 drip line that won't leak. I will be using this indoors and can't have any water leaking where the connections plug into the 1/2 inch drip line. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Figs4all

Fundamental
Learning irrigation over the next few months. I'll keep you in mind as I go
I am still learning how to use this forum. I thought I replied to you properly but I must have forgotten to hit the post reply. 😂.

Let's compare notes when you want to start. I am using a drip irrigation system now for outdoors I am happy with and I have learned a lot about drip dry irrigation for indoor use the last few days.

Figs4all

Fundamental
Trying something new. I could not post a video of my drip irrigation set up so I am including a link to the video. The description is below. We'll see how this posts.

...For two seasons I have been testing this 12 drip manifold system and it works really well. This is a custom build using city pressure. No pressure reducer is required. There are 4 heads in this build for a total of 48, 4gph drip lines. Using 1/4 tubing of varying length, this flexible configuration works well for my my plant locations, which changes during the season.

Northern Virginia, Zone 7a/b.

I am still learning how to use this forum. I thought I replied to you properly but I must have forgotten to hit the post reply. 😂.

Let's compare notes when you want to start. I am using a drip irrigation system now for outdoors I am happy with and I have learned a lot about drip dry irrigation for indoor use the last few days.

notraB

Newly Registered
Registered
View attachment 1208
This is a wifi camera view from my insulated FigBox. This is part of my plan to keep an eye on the figlets while traveling. I plan to install an automatic drip irrigation system as well. I am looking for recommendations on drip emitters and connections for a 1/2 drip line that won't leak. I will be using this indoors and can't have any water leaking where the connections plug into the 1/2 inch drip line. Any recommendations?
That is an awesome setup! Please post updates

Rigo007

Administrator
Trying something new. I could not post a video of my drip irrigation set up so I am including a link to the video. The description is below. We'll see how this posts
It's easy... Click the 3 dots
Screenshot_20220207-114740_Samsung Internet.jpg
Then select the media option...
Screenshot_20220207-114757_Samsung Internet.jpg
Add the url and submit. You have many options to where you can upload videos from.
Screenshot_20220207-115232_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice irrigation setup btw.

Shaft

That looks awesome. I'm still learning all the bascs right now but basically I'll be using a system that pulls from rainwater OR city water, depending on my needs. 3 275 IBC containers collecting the water. I am going to include an injection system for fertilizer. Has to go to food forest A, backyard garden, and the container garden. Food forest B will fend for itself but it also wouldn't hurt to have a hose run there too.

Probably going to bury the hose underground until it gets to its general destination

While I'm new, my friend Brandon is my engineer for most things around here. I've already tasked him with irrigation so I'll see if I can bribe him to make a post here and share info. That's harder than it sounds. Here are our projects currently, without adding more to the list!

1644327522105.png 1644327703021.png 1644327725079.png 1644327739607.png 1644327758004.png 1644327769899.png 1644327783442.png 1644327794007.png

Last edited:

Fig bandit

Newly Registered
Registered
Trying something new. I could not post a video of my drip irrigation set up so I am including a link to the video. The description is below. We'll see how this posts.

...For two seasons I have been testing this 12 drip manifold system and it works really well. This is a custom build using city pressure. No pressure reducer is required. There are 4 heads in this build for a total of 48, 4gph drip lines. Using 1/4 tubing of varying length, this flexible configuration works well for my my plant locations, which changes during the season.

Northern Virginia, Zone 7a/b.
Could you send a picture of the head and what size pvc did you use 2 1/2" or 3" ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg