What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

CHERRY TASTIING FIG VARIETIES

figfin47

Newly Registered
Registered
WHAT ARE THE BEST VARIETIES THAT ARE HARD TO FIND THAT HAVE A STRONG CHERRY BERRY FLAVOR?

Shaft

To the best of my knowledge these are reported to have a similar flavor to that -- I have not fruited these to confirm yet, but I am in the process of doing so

Cherry Cordial
Cherry Bourbon
Rodgrod
Hative d'Argenteuil
Marseilles Black
Cherry Sweet Tart
Cavaliere

I'm sure this list isn't complete. Hopefully more people will add to this

mikefons

Newly Registered
Registered
The Ispilya fig from Turkey taste like a cherry jolly rancher. Also, the Nazareth fig and Beirut White fig have a similar cherry jolly rancher flavor.

Newbie2figs

Fundamental
I saw Nazareth’s in figbid but it was to expensive, I would like to collect figs from Jerusalem and Israel also for the history in that area, I already got shafts Isrrael 7 so that’s a start 👍

I had cherry bourbon but lost that one in the freeze, never tasted it thou guess that’s what hurts the most.. cherry sweet tart it’s in the second year let’s see how that one taste 👅

Shaft

Mario, I got a cherry bourbon tree I'll cut for you when I have enough growth on it (it's a rooted cutting atm).

Also, I've got a hmadi fig from Israel you'd be interested in. I'll send cuttings of that at the same time.

Newbie2figs

Fundamental
Really!!! That
Mario, I got a cherry bourbon tree I'll cut for you when I have enough growth on it (it's a rooted cutting atm).

Also, I've got a hmadi fig from Israel you'd be interested in. I'll send cuttings of that at the same time.
s so nice of you shaft!! Would love to grow them here and try to give some of my church friends some of the Israel fig tree if I get it to grow!!!
Thank you so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna