What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Did Your Tiger Lose Its Stripes?

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
Who doesn't love striped figs?!? I just love them. They are beautiful and many of them are superb. It can be exceptionally frustrating to buy a tree and then for it to produce non variegated figs. I am not aware of a single variety of variegated fig that does not also have striped wood so you should be able to confirm that you got a variegated variety just by looking at the wood but nothing is quite as satisfying as when you start to see those tiny little baby figs all covered in stripes.
Here is a short video on how I maintain my striped figs and keep them producing variegated figs.

Rigo007

Administrator
That happened to me with CDD Rimada when I first started. I appreciate you keeping notes on how this may possibly be happening to variegated trees and taking notes too. I still have a couple of variegated varieties and will keep a close eye on them like you did.

Shaft

So uhh... what would you call a col de dame rimada that lost its stripes?

I bought one from the millennial gardener, he was calling it Col de Dame Rimada Reverted. I was basically thinking of it as a CdDB but I can imagine that wouldn't be popular.

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
That’s a good question. Some people think it’s the same as CdD Blanc but I see some differences so I, personally, would continue to call it CdD Rimada Reverted.
CdD Rimada has been a lot bigger than CdD Blanc and the syconium has also been thicker but the skin has been thinner
So uhh... what would you call a col de dame rimada that lost its stripes?

I bought one from the millennial gardener, he was calling it Col de Dame Rimada Reverted. I was basically thinking of it as a CdDB but I can imagine that wouldn't be popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg