What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Durian, An Unforgettable Experience...

Rigo007

Administrator
I feel like I can eat just about anything, specially fruits. But oh my was I in for a surprise. I read about Dirian, watched videos and couldn't imagine what people were saying. It seemed that people either hated or loved the fruit and I was curious to find out which one of those people I was. I could have sworn to anyone I was going to love it! So I decided to take the challenge from one of our youtube fans and buy some Durian to taste, not just me but my family.

WARNING: You need to have a strong stomach to watch!

SeattleFigs

Newly Registered
Registered
You guys so funny! as a child I know exactly what you mean. When I come home from school and open the front door. I would smell durian and run outside, I couldn't stand the smell of it. Oddly, as teenager, I ate durian and it was good. As an adult, I love the smell of the durian as well as the taste. Fresh durian is so much better than frozen you get the texture and the full smell! It doesn't stink to me it smells good. Frozen Malaysian Premium Musang King Durian Pulp ($24.99/Box) & fresh Whole ($11.99/Lb) average $120 (10 lbs) ! It's so creamy can only eat it once in a while.

Rigo007

Administrator
@seattlefiggirl Oh and I do understand. I saw people loving it. I couldn't even get passed the smell unfortunately. A lot of people told me that fresh is best but I couldn't get it here.The experience was a fun one though. One we will never forget. :D

Shaft

It seemed that people either hated or loved the fruit and I was curious to find out which one of those people I was.
This reminded me of something I was told once:

If you are what you eat, then you aren't who you think you are if you don't know what you're eating (or where it comes from)

Newbie2figs

Fundamental
Kim
You guys so funny! as a child I know exactly what you mean. When I come home from school and open the front door. I would smell durian and run outside, I couldn't stand the smell of it. Oddly, as teenager, I ate durian and it was good. As an adult, I love the smell of the durian as well as the taste. Fresh durian is so much better than frozen you get the texture and the full smell! It doesn't stink to me it smells good. Frozen Malaysian Premium Musang King Durian Pulp ($24.99/Box) & fresh Whole ($11.99/Lb) average $120 (10 lbs) ! It's so creamy can only eat it once in a while.
Never heard of this , is it like guava, Haa I will go google it 😀

AnaFL

Newly Registered
Registered
I tried it once and don't want to do it again...
Taste was ok but smell kills me! And I usually eat pretty much everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg