What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Greetings Everyone!

bgsheffield

Newly Registered
Registered
I am from the South GA area! Just beginning to explore the world of growing figs. I have a mature Brown Turkey Fig that is producing figs twice a year...I have 4-5 in containers that I am growing for ground planting and cuttings...don’t know the proper names of those...some produce big tea cup size figs and some produce big purple figs. I am just beginning to explore propagating by cuttings and will as I learn more be purchasing cuttings to root. What are some great fig cuttings that you folks would recommend I add to my collection...I am in zone 8b...hot humid summers...for the most part most part mild winters. I am very interested in rooting cuttings...any suggested places to buy true (verified) cuttings would be appreciated...any suggestions on starting cuttings, growing figs would be appreciated! Thanks so much in advance...for sharing your experience with me!

AnaFL

Newly Registered
Registered
Welcome!
Every body is rooting different way.
I keep my cuttings in water until I see first roots.

Figology

Fundamental
Welcome. Coco coir and perlite mix is good for newbies. Check YouTube for “Fig Pops.” They’re user friendly.

Shaft

I prefer tree pots with bark fines. I get pretty good success rate. I sell cuttings, just let me know what you're interested in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg