What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Moncks Corner, SC

Seafever

Newly Registered
Registered
New to the forum but have some limited experience with figs. We bought our house back in the summer of 2020 and ordered some figs for the spring of 2021. I wanted to start a collection that would do well in the Low Country of SC. I ordered 2 Brown Turkeys, 2 Celeste, 2 Black Missions, 2 Black Jacks, 2 Peter's Honey, 2 Chicago Hardys and a LSU Purple (which was planted this year). Unfortunately, the Brown Turkeys and the Black Jacks did not come as advertised/labeled. They are actually a medium to large yellowish green fig that I haven't identified yet. Over the winter, I'm going to try my hand at growing cutting and see how that turns out. This should be a fun, and hopefully, tasty adventure.

Shaft

Welcome to the forum friend!

Let us know how your cuttings experiment goes!

tridrama

Fundamental
Welcome to the forum. We're in the Midlands. We lived in Summerville for several years. I'm growing my fig knowledge as well and have most of the varieties you mentioned. Maybe we can compare notes.

Seafever

Newly Registered
Registered
Thanks tridrama. I appreciate it. I've been looking around and come February time frame, I'll start getting trees and or cuttings and get them started. Comparing notes would be a great idea. I have some cuttings from 2 unknown fig trees. I'm curious to see that they produce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg