What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Growing Figs in Tropical climate (Bali, Indonesia)

Tejas

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello, I`m learning how to grow fig trees in tropical climate. My question is connected with the abscence of cold whether in Indonesia. After my fig trees produce their frutis, the tree continue to have leaves, so how should I proceed from here? Should I leave the tree leaves naturally to fall down and the plant to start new cycle? What will happen if I remove the leaves from my fig trees, will they start a new cycle of growth?
Thank you!

Rigo007

Administrator
Hello, I`m learning how to grow fig trees in tropical climate. My question is connected with the abscence of cold whether in Indonesia. After my fig trees produce their frutis, the tree continue to have leaves, so how should I proceed from here? Should I leave the tree leaves naturally to fall down and the plant to start new cycle? What will happen if I remove the leaves from my fig trees, will they start a new cycle of growth?
Thank you!
In my opinion and from what I've seen here in a semi-tropical climate, your tree will just keep on growing. If it has a nice shape, I recommend you leave it alone. You will actually be able to get multiple crops not just one or two simply because of your climate.
Just remember that due to the amount of rain you might get, the quality of the figs may not be the best all the time.
Keep at it and keep us updated on your adventure with growing fig trees.

tlbluestone

Fundamental
So since they will never see a dormant stage wouldn't they be affected by temperature change since a fig tree only needs an average of 100 chill hours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg