What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Hello from California Central Valley!

2005xfr

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello

I just started fig growing last year.
I have two cuttings starts of from 2021... Yellow Longneck and Strawberry Vert and two "store bought" fig trees... Brown Turkey and Little Miss Figgy.
None of them have produced fruit yet.

This year my Fig Adventure is starting with cuttings for Amen's Citron, Firehouse and Figo Prieto.

Figs 2-6-2022.jpg

Shaft

Let me know how the Citron turns out for you, I've been curious about it for awhile now but really wanted to avoid dealing with certain distributors.

Welcome to the forum, please let us know if you want tips to help induce fruit production this year. Thanks for joining us :)

2005xfr

Newly Registered
Registered
Let me know how the Citron turns out for you, I've been curious about it for awhile now but really wanted to avoid dealing with certain distributors.

Welcome to the forum, please let us know if you want tips to help induce fruit production this year. Thanks for joining us :)
I'd love to learn how to get the most fruit on my current trees. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Josue

Newly Registered
Registered
I bough about 10 new varieties. I only have one inside the house which have one leave already. I used the Old Italian Man Technique" to plant all my other varieties. I basically stick them in the ground; I add a little of growing hormone for a better result. I am too protective and last year I had about 30 cuttings in the house and finish with about half of them due to too much watering. In the other hand I just stuck several cutting in the ground from my own varieties and they did well with over 80% success. Most fig varieties are very easy to reproduce; I'm hoping my new figs do well outside; so far they been through snow and temperatures of 17 degrees and doing well. I'm in zone 7b, and all my figs are hardy to my zone since I am not planning in pot any.

Figology

Fundamental
Welcome. FYI Little Miss Figgy is a dwarf version of Violette de Bordeaux. You won’t want to buy one of those if it comes around unless you want a duplicate fig.

Shaft

Hello

I have two cuttings starts of from 2021... Yellow Longneck and Strawberry Vert and two "store bought" fig trees... Brown Turkey and Little Miss Figgy.

This year my Fig Adventure is starting with cuttings for Amen's Citron, Firehouse and Figo Prieto.

View attachment 1215
Look into pinching.

2005xfr

Newly Registered
Registered
Welcome. FYI Little Miss Figgy is a dwarf version of Violette de Bordeaux. You won’t want to buy one of those if it comes around unless you want a duplicate fig.
That's what I've heard. Thanks for the clarification.

tlbluestone

Fundamental
Hello

View attachment 1215
Did the

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg