What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Help, Fig plant sick?

yamchito

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello, new member, first time in my life growing anything but I do love Figs as well, can anyone help me determine what are these marks? I bought a Celeste fig from a website, so far growing without issues, the other two pots with the bigger ones I bought them a week ago and they are now showing these marks like burnt or perhaps fungus? Thank you...!

I do let them have direct sun every day in my backyard, then take them back home in the nights, and I water them at least twice or three times a week with spring water.

Attachments

• IMG_20220331_062605.jpg
    IMG_20220331_062605.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 9
  • InkedIMG_20220331_062713_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20220331_062713_LI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10

Rigo007

Administrator
It may be the sudden temperature changes from indoors to outdoors. But it does look like sun burn. It may be too young/small to be taken out in full sun. Instead, you should try some filtered sun or outside but in a patio or porch instead.

What state or zone do you live in? You should write that info on your signature area, this way other members can better help you in the future.

Shaft

Toss 'em on the north side of your house. Full sun, but never direct sun. Shade is nice, too. It needs to be acclimatized to the sun and wind. Its' called "hardening off."

backyardfigs

Fundamental
Looks like hood info above. That sure looks like a small clear cup for direct sun. Place the clear cup inside a black pot put in indirect sun under overhand no direct rain fall cup keep semi moist with 30 % diluted miracle grow. Watch it take off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg