What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

hi all

bahrain61

Newly Registered
Registered
greetings from the kingdom of Bahrain , pleasure to join the group , a proud father of 3 girls and live in Bahrain , started with figs few month back and have a reasonable collection and starting to collect Moroccan figs and have my eyes on few Italian ones. yesterday did lots of reading of discussions in the group and learned a lot , guess i will be a regular here....:cool:(y)

Shaft

Welcome! Bahrain is a beautiful place I hear. Which Moroccan figs do you have, and which do you have your eye on? I too have a fascination with the Moroccan figs.

bahrain61

Newly Registered
Registered
Welcome! Bahrain is a beautiful place I hear. Which Moroccan figs do you have, and which do you have your eye on? I too have a fascination with the Moroccan figs.
hi there...many varieties, have a look at the Instagram account hamad.bukallaf2019 one of my sources and if you have any in mind please say so and ill send it over with compliments (y)

Shaft

hi there...many varieties, have a look at the Instagram account hamad.bukallaf2019 one of my sources and if you have any in mind please say so and ill send it over with compliments (y)
Aw I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately it's the government of America preventing me from getting these atm. As soon as I get things figured out with customs I'll be seeking these varieties and will take you up on your offer!

jmrtsus

Fundamental
Aw I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately it's the government of America preventing me from getting these atm. As soon as I get things figured out with customs I'll be seeking these varieties and will take you up on your offer!
Getting straight with customs is easy. Since about 2005 not one fig plant/cutting has been legally allowed according to USDA data. You can apply but none have been granted in 16 years. None to anyone. That is why the other fig forum has a great number of illegal fig fans, they could care less about the reasons there are no legal imports but ego demands they own them. I hate it but when the forum owner sells illegal figs and promotes a bidding site selling illegal figs that is to be expected. I see they are starting a new bid site and will also not block illegal sales on it either.

Shaft

Getting straight with customs is easy. Since about 2005 not one fig plant/cutting has been legally allowed according to USDA data. You can apply but none have been granted in 16 years. None to anyone. That is why the other fig forum has a great number of illegal fig fans, they could care less about the reasons there are no legal imports but ego demands they own them. I hate it but when the forum owner sells illegal figs and promotes a bidding site selling illegal figs that is to be expected. I see they are starting a new bid site and will also not block illegal sales on it either.
What's the new bid site? I haven't heard about that.

jmrtsus

Fundamental
I think the old one is changing....they were posting rules on the Forum.

Shaft

I think the old one is changing....they were posting rules on the Forum.
Interesting. I saw they had rules for selling for non-commercial players now.

It's just interesting is all. I know Danny is heavily involved with OurFigs (he runs their facebook for example) so the idea that they'd be competing with him is kind of mind-blowing.

Either way, I know of at least one other fig bidding website in the works. Some healthy competition will only benefit everyone!

Figology

Fundamental
Interesting. I saw they had rules for selling for non-commercial players now.

It's just interesting is all. I know Danny is heavily involved with OurFigs (he runs their facebook for example) so the idea that they'd be competing with him is kind of mind-blowing.

Either way, I know of at least one other fig bidding website in the works. Some healthy competition will only benefit everyone!

Figology

Fundamental
I think a vast amount of the current fig varieties in the US were smuggled here without proper permission at some point in time. I don’t know where to draw the line on “illegal” varieties. Besides known US breeding programs, is there a list of “legal and illegal” fig varieties?

These fig bidding websites are lucky no one is checking for nursery stock licenses. Surprised it’s not regulated.

Shaft

I think a vast amount of the current fig varieties in the US were smuggled here without proper permission at some point in time. I don’t know where to draw the line on “illegal” varieties. Besides known US breeding programs, is there a list of “legal and illegal” fig varieties?

These fig bidding websites are lucky no one is checking for nursery stock licenses. Surprised it’s not regulated.
Would require federal regulation, and I think that's why they manage to get away with it. I'm anti-regulation, so even if it was mandated it's a thing I would willingly ignore. I would rather regulate myself than let Uncle Sam/FJB do it *shudder*

Figology

Fundamental
Would require federal regulation, and I think that's why they manage to get away with it. I'm anti-regulation, so even if it was mandated it's a thing I would willingly ignore. I would rather regulate myself than let Uncle Sam/FJB do it *shudder*
Just sell expensive plastic bags that come with free fig cuttings 😂

Rigo007

Administrator
Another reason why there is this forum and a new selling site soon where "preferrence" will not be an issue. As for illegal stuff, that would be out of my control. I'd just provide a service to you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg