What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Northern Virginia!

Figs4all

Fundamental
Hi from Northern Virginia. I am figs4all on ourfigs and FB. And figs.4all on instagrram.

I have been growing figs since tasting my first fresh fig on vacation in France. I became hooked and was surprised to learn figs are all over Virginia and they have a rich history going back to Thomas Jefferson and before him.

I like to try different rooting methods every winter and I post my methods and success rates. I give most of the fig plants away locally for Mother and Father's day.

I am filling out my collection too and I am interested in regional heirloom figs, early main crop figs, as well as covering as many of the flavor groups as possible. I am also interested in learning how to hand pollinate figs.

Looking forward to sharing and learning.

Shaft

Hi from Northern Virginia. I am figs4all on ourfigs and FB. And figs.4all on instagrram.

I have been growing figs since tasting my first fresh fig on vacation in France. I became hooked and was surprised to learn figs are all over Virginia and they have a rich history going back to Thomas Jefferson and before him.

I like to try different rooting methods every winter and I post my methods and success rates. I give most of the fig plants away locally for Mother and Father's day.

I am filling out my collection too and I am interested in regional heirloom figs, early main crop figs, as well as covering as many of the flavor groups as possible. I am also interested in learning how to hand pollinate figs.

Looking forward to sharing and learning.
I've got a caprifig and I'm doing some experiments with hand pollination over the next bit. We could share notes

I've got about 88 varieties, some are heirlooms from our region (NC and VA aren't that far apart). Some are early ripeners, and I've got a wide selection of the flavor groups. We should definitely do some swaps!

Figs4all

Fundamental
I've got a caprifig and I'm doing some experiments with hand pollination over the next bit. We could share notes

I've got about 88 varieties, some are heirlooms from our region (NC and VA aren't that far apart). Some are early ripeners, and I've got a wide selection of the flavor groups. We should definitely do some swaps!
Which caprifigs do you have? I am still learning about which one to obtain.

I have one heirloom fig from NC and the rest are Virginia and I have a few from Brooklyn NY. I have roughly 50 varieties and definitely would want to swap!

Figs4all

Fundamental
Welcome. What varieties, do you currently have.
Thank you. I have about 50 varieties covering many flavor groups but still missing some. I have some regional heirlooms mixed in with other well known names.

Shaft

Which caprifigs do you have? I am still learning about which one to obtain.

I have one heirloom fig from NC and the rest are Virginia and I have a few from Brooklyn NY. I have roughly 50 varieties and definitely would want to swap!
Farmersville unknown caprifig. It's properties are unknown. Kind of useless from a scientific pov but it's the best I got atm

Figs4all

Fundamental
Farmersville unknown caprifig. It's properties are unknown. Kind of useless from a scientific pov but it's the best I got atm
Have you been able to pollinate a fig with it yet? Cork method or other?

sheergenius

Fundamental
Hi. I have about 50 varieties. I am trialing and culling the ones that don't work. How about you?
im still fairly new to figs, I have LSU Purple, White Marseilles, Dessert King, VDB, Celeste, and smith. Still trying to build my collection. Waiting on a few of my new fig friends to send me some cuttings..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg