What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

HI, from South Mississippi.

sheergenius

Fundamental
HI, Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I'm sort of a newbie to figs. As i child i didn't like them very much and it's probably because of fig Newtons and the varieties. I bought a white Marseilles for my daughter and was given a LSU purple when i bought a citrus tree from a nursery. After a tasting both, I was hooked. I know these are not top tier but they both tasted pretty good. Hopefully I can learn and grow here. Hope to make a few friends.

Currently growing fig and non fig" Lisbon Lemon, Cara Cara Oranges, Meyer Lemon, Early Elberta peach tree, Lsu purple fig, White Marseilles fig. plums, American Persimmon tree. and more.

Shaft

You got photos of that white Marseilles? My friend @jmrtsus is kind of the resident White Marseilles expert. There's a good chance, considering your source, it may or may not be W. Marseilles.

What plums are you growing, and what figs are you most excited to acquire? What's your wish list?

sheergenius

Fundamental
You got photos of that white Marseilles? My friend @jmrtsus is kind of the resident White Marseilles expert. There's a good chance, considering your source, it may or may not be W. Marseilles.

What plums are you growing, and what figs are you most excited to acquire? What's your wish list?

I don't have any pictures but i can take some at some point. should be interesting to find out. As far as plums I have Au Rosa Plum, Methley Plum, and Beauty Plum.

This figs i am most excited to acquire are Black Madiera , I-285, J.H. Adriatic or White Madeira #1.
My WIshlist: LSU Tiger, alma , Strawberry Verte, LSU Strawberry, White Madeira, Black Madeira,I-258, , Figo Preto, De la Roca. J.H. Adriatic or White Madeira #1 and really any variety that taste good and does well in my area.

Shaft

I can hook you up with some of those, once my trees get large enough to propagate. I've got Black Madeira, I258, and White Madeira #1. I also have Tiger, Alma, Strawberry Verte, and Figo Preto. We'll make it happen =)

sheergenius

Fundamental
I can hook you up with some of those, once my trees get large enough to propagate. I've got Black Madeira, I258, and White Madeira #1. I also have Tiger, Alma, Strawberry Verte, and Figo Preto. We'll make it happen =)
Awesome!!!! thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg