What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Introduction by Josue

Josue

Newly Registered
Registered
Hi to everyone. Today, I signed in as a new member. I am a new fig enthusiast. I planted my first 3 fig trees in the last 4-6 years, and I do not remember the varieties. I was not planning in becoming an enthusiast at the time and I just planted them in my orchard along with many other fruit trees. Last Winter, I started to get to get interested in figs and possess now some 15 varieties and bought some 10 new cutting varieties in the last month to add to my collection. I am bless with a 1.5 acre lot with plenty room for my fruit trees. I am adding Elderberries and Aronias this year to my fruit collection.

I am retired from the US Army after 30 year service, and enjoy working in my garden, traveling, gardening, photography and the eight grandchildren who love to visit and eat my fruits and vegetables.

Good luck to all. God bless...

Shaft

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the forum. Any idea which varieties of elderberry you'll be selecting for your orchard?

Josue

Newly Registered
Registered
I selected 3 varieties of Elderberries, all commercial varieties and one is a new variety with a lot of expectations. Gordon, Adams and Pocahontas (new).

Shaft

I selected 3 varieties of Elderberries, all commercial varieties and one is a new variety with a lot of expectations. Gordon, Adams and Pocahontas (new).
That's awesome man. I have an unknown elderberry variety but I'm looking to grow some named varieties.

Josue

Newly Registered
Registered
That's awesome man. I have an unknown elderberry variety but I'm looking to grow some named varieties.
Thanks. I see you are from Greenville. I covered a few championships at the university in the last 8 years. I used to do sports photography, but I stop doing it, just getting old for it.

Shaft

Thanks. I see you are from Greenville. I covered a few championships at the university in the last 8 years. I used to do sports photography, but I stop doing it, just getting old for it.
Next time you're in the area, hmu. I'll give you a tour of the food forest =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg