What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

looking for Fiorone Di Ruvo or Jin Ao Fen

figloverwakeforestnc

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello fig lovers,
I love figs too much and I am looking for two varieties they told me they are the biggest in terms of fruit size. So
Any one of you guys have them?

If you know other varieties that have big fruit please let me know. I am new.

Another thing is Jin Ao Fen variety the same as Golden Orphan or different?

Thank you guys.

Shaft

I can't really say anything about those varieties but I wanted to extend a welcome to you. I'm from Greenville, NC, neighbor.

figloverwakeforestnc

Newly Registered
Registered
I can't really say anything about those varieties but I wanted to extend a welcome to you. I'm from Greenville, NC, neighbor.
Welcome man. I am just searching for big fruit not taste. The one i love too much I have it which is Italian honey. I have bought also Celeste and Brown turkey. But I am only interested in green and yellow figs.

Shaft

Ge Neri is definitely something you need to look at, then, as well as the Pound fig from Ocracoke. I know of a few others but size is one thing I haven't paid too much interest in. I have something I call the Oak St Unk which is a medium-large green fig with a strawberry center. I like it a lot.

figloverwakeforestnc

Newly Registered
Registered
Thank you for your input. Yes Ge Neri is big. I will search for it. The pound fig i go to their website i dont find any good pictures. i saw one picture that has small and big fruit but i cant determine if it is big or not. Also i dont know what is its name on sale. Thanks a lot for your information. Thanks

Shaft

The Pound fig is an heirloom from Ocracoke. I don't know of any website you can go to buy it. Usually you have to buy it from a local or get cuttings off one of their trees. If you're interested in one I can pick one up next year when I go to Ocracoke.

figloverwakeforestnc

Newly Registered
Registered
The Pound fig is an heirloom from Ocracoke. I don't know of any website you can go to buy it. Usually you have to buy it from a local or get cuttings off one of their trees. If you're interested in one I can pick one up next year when I go to Ocracoke.
Do you accept visiting you? I checked your photos of your land. That is huge. If you were here we would work together. I love fruit trees. I have pomegranate varieties also. lol I even have a date palm tree sowed from a seed. lol Let me know. Thanks

Shaft

Do you accept visiting you? I checked your photos of your land. That is huge. If you were here we would work together. I love fruit trees. I have pomegranate varieties also. lol I even have a date palm tree sowed from a seed. lol Let me know. Thanks
Yeah sure thing. I'm trying to organize a permaculture & fig course at my house in November -- we'll see how that goes. But I'm always willing to do a walk-through if I'm not at work. Send me a PM I'll give you number and we can arrange something some time.

figloverwakeforestnc

Newly Registered
Registered
Yeah sure thing. I'm trying to organize a permaculture & fig course at my house in November -- we'll see how that goes. But I'm always willing to do a walk-through if I'm not at work. Send me a PM I'll give you number and we can arrange something some time.
I am new to this forum where is the pm thing. lol

SeattleFigs

Newly Registered
Registered
i have both of them but unfortunately we had a heatwave in WA and my fruits dropped so i couldnt compare. i do offer cuttings for trade/sell in january but very limited on these varieties since my tree is still small.
some large size figs:
Nordland aka Longe d'Août
black jack
CA brown turkey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg