What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas fellow Figsters!

Shaft

Please tell us one thing you did this year for Christmas, or whatever holdiay you choose to celebrate. What is one thing you used to do for the holidays or you remember as a kid that you don't do any longer? What is your favorite part of the season, and what are your gardening plans this Winter?

jmrtsus

Fundamental
My Mom was in her light at Christmas, days of cooking and her 4 sons and many grandkids were the high point of the year. I always scored a big tin of homemade dark chocolate covered Pecans that I did not share!

tridrama

Fundamental
One of our family traditions is to gather at our parents' home for breakfast the morning after Christmas. We tell crazy stories, favorite memories and celebrate family. We used to do this on Christmas day, but with 7 children and over 50 grandchildren and great-grandchildren, it became too much. Last year was our first Christmas without our dad. It was destined to be different anyway, but COVID derailed our breakfast plans. We didn't get together. This year was the same. I am looking forward to getting back together with my brothers, sisters and their children next year to laugh at all the things we did and experienced in the past that shaped us into who we are today. No matter how far apart we are or what obstacles we experience throughout the year, nothing beats spending quality time with family.

Figology

Fundamental
I battled my sister in a Christmas bake-off. I made a Red Velvet Cake with an Ermine frosting. That cake is hard to beat as my cousin put it. 😏. We used to have an oatmeal drink on Christmas when my great grandma was alive but haven’t since. I need to bring that tradition back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna