What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Mosaic Question

DixonFM

Newly Registered
Registered
I got a de la roca in the mail from a figbid purchase and it seems clear it has fig mosaic virus. I just sprayed for mites in hopes of minimizing the chance of spread. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and destroy it before a chance of spread. I have around 60 figs on site mostly in containers but 5 big established in the ground and have never seen evidence of FMV or really even heard of it before investigating the blotchy leaves of this DLR. This is temperate Piedmont NC. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for any advice!

DixonFM

Newly Registered
Registered
Are these shots helpful? I tried to put where I bought but the site turned it into *'s. It was an online auction site specifically for figs. The tree has grown quite well. Doubled in size after potting up. I have removed leaves that got dead and brown areas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.10.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.10.13 PM.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.10.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.10.34 PM.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member