What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

My Collection So Far

Shaft

I'm open to trading. I sell, too, so prices are listed, but this is a trade list I want to share with you guys. Cuttings are free if available, just pay shipping.

Iamthefigman

Fundamental
Damn!
That is a list of figs!
I know my wife is very understanding when it comes to my little hobbies. All the pots in the yard bags and bags and sometimes truck loads of soil being dropped off sometimes leave the yard a wreck. Yet she never complains.
With all those figs you need a lot of space.

Shaft

Damn!
That is a list of figs!
I know my wife is very understanding when it comes to my little hobbies. All the pots in the yard bags and bags and sometimes truck loads of soil being dropped off sometimes leave the yard a wreck. Yet she never complains.
With all those figs you need a lot of space.
Yeah. This is my first year so the dump trucks have been rolling in. Technically I have 14 acres but I can use maybe two of them for my food forest. We have space- most of my trees will be in ground - I'm just waiting on a man with an excavator to expand my pond, put in a new one, and install swales with berms in between them. Irrigation earthworks. The trees will be planted in the berm with alfalfa and other crops reaching out of the scales.

The berm is loose packed so water can seep under, training the roots down, instead of out, and holding the berm together. Nitrogen fixer every third tree to continue improving soil, texture and tilts.

I want fish in the pond to poop and die in the water. Leaning towards cat fish and bream. When the ponds overflow in our torrential rains, the overflow not only irrigates my swales but also fertilizes them too. Fertigation.

My wife is pretty understanding but I think I'm moving too fast for her :) 400 or more trees in less than a year you see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg