What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

My Variety List and This Year's Kill List

Shaft

So we all have killed our fair share of trees I am sure. This past year I decided to go all-out, and see how far I could push my boundaries. I expected heavy losses. I wanted to practice labeling, keeping trees straight, everything I would need to do to be a successful nursery. I did that and more! I managed to kill a lot of trees. A LOT OF TREES. Part of me feels really bad about that. Around 50 varieties either lost, killed, lost the tags, or otherwise unaccounted for. Perhaps for that reason, I am a monster.

1663719630637.png

But despite all the downs, there were quite a few more ups. Bear in mind, I wasn't growing and rooting JUST figs, but here's my fig success list. Some were rooted, some were bought as plants (but I didn't kill it!) This is the first year of my orchard, we are getting trees in the ground every day that goes by. I am very proud of our successes, as well as our mistakes.

1663719672611.png

Thanks for visiting!

Gumbo2go

Newly Registered
Registered
That's quite an endeavor and good luck to you! And as you know, gardening just as in life has its ups and downs. Hopefully you have many more ups than downs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg