What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

National/Regional/Local Fig Harvest Calendar

Shaft

When do figs ripen for you? Looking for a window or a range. Obviously different macroclimates and microclimates, different zones, container vs in-ground, lots of variables. So let me know when things ripen for you and we'll get a min-max for each cultivar. If you want to include other cultivars, do so and I'll get them added if I get enough data. Ultimately I want to expand (and contract) the calendar so it can serve individual regions, or even individual gardens. Right now I'm accepting national level input, as I think it's the easiest to get the largest sample size with. Please send me a PM if you want the PSD file to create your own version -- as usual, my content is CCBY4.0, fair to use.

These are just the cultivars I have, and estimates based on what I've scrounged around the interwebs. I'll take records this year to figure out how each does in my zone, but if you have records, we can get the range of the cultivar across the nation, a min-max. We can learn which figs should ripen at the same time, when to start looking at the trees for ripening, and maybe even get feedback from nature on things we could do better to adjust our ripening times if something seems off.

Each block represents ~6 days. 6x5=30 day month. Fig-Harvest-Calendar.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna