What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

New in the Sierra Nevada foothills

grwoody

Newly Registered
Registered
I'm in Ione, Calif and just started in figs after reading the Smithsonian Mag article. My grandfather had an Olive Oil Plant. Villa de Oro, in Thermalito so I had to try that one Might have come from his property as an old Sicilian night watchman lived there and had figs and huge gardens in the 50's.. I have cuttings and am trying to fig pop start them. Figo Prego, Black Madeira kk, Thermalito, Violette de Bordeauz,, WhiteMadeira.and some others I'm on a cattle ranch up here with a lot of room to grow. Ready to put the Vio;ette de Bordeaux and Thermalito in the ground. With gopher protection. Looking forward to this adventure/addiction.

Rigo007

Administrator
And we are looking forward to seeing your progress with pictures and all. I personally love to see pictures or videos of what other growers do and how they progress with time. Growing is an awesome hobby and sharing experiences can also be life changing.

Youre starting off with some top notch fig varieties. Welcome to the forums and good luck with everything.

Isai

Newly Registered
Registered
I'm in Ione, Calif and just started in figs after reading the Smithsonian Mag article. My grandfather had an Olive Oil Plant. Villa de Oro, in Thermalito so I had to try that one Might have come from his property as an old Sicilian night watchman lived there and had figs and huge gardens in the 50's.. I have cuttings and am trying to fig pop start them. Figo Prego, Black Madeira kk, Thermalito, Violette de Bordeauz,, WhiteMadeira.and some others I'm on a cattle ranch up here with a lot of room to grow. Ready to put the Vio;ette de Bordeaux and Thermalito in the ground. With gopher protection. Looking forward to this adventure/addiction.
I am also in the Sierra foothills. Between Marysville and Grass Valley. Great place to grow figs.

Isai

Newly Registered
Registered
I am also in the Sierra foothills between Marysville and Grass Valley. Great place to grow figs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg