What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

new recruit

DixonFM

Newly Registered
Registered
I joined up to hopefully get a little feedback on a FMV question but I plan to participate because I have a lot to learn. I'm a fig fan since plucking them from my grandparents tree as a little kid. 40+ years later I have cuttings of that same tree mature in my own yard. Iv started to propagate that line (celeste, I think) and a few others I have picked up along the way. I have no commercial interest but enjoy spreading the love to friends and neighbors. Central NC where I live is full of random fig trees. This time of year I can take a walk and snack 4 or 5 varieties. I'd love to eventually be able to ID them all. I share space with other perennial food plants including hardy kiwi, pear, cherry, jujube, blueberry, pecan, pomegranate, grape, pawpaw, hazel nut, persimmon, elderberry, goumi, wineberry, blackberry, maypop and aronia. The figs are my favorite hands down.

jmrtsus

Fundamental
These will help you start learning how to ID figs.....covers most heritage figs. Ira Condit is the man that wrote the books on ID'ing figs. He also developed many figs at the University of California.

Attachments

• condit figs.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • fileaccess (1).pdf
    40.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg