What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Plant Starts (Pricing)

Shaft

so if you were going to a plant sale, how much would you expect to pay for a 4 inch potted plant like a tomato or a pepper or a basil?
also, how much for a 6 pack of broccoli or marigolds or something

I'm starting a plant sale in the near future and I'm trying to figure out my price structure. I have a number in mind, but I was hoping to ask the audience.

<3 you guys

Isai

Newly Registered
Registered
so if you were going to a plant sale, how much would you expect to pay for a 4 inch potted plant like a tomato or a pepper or a basil?
also, how much for a 6 pack of broccoli or marigolds or something

I'm starting a plant sale in the near future and I'm trying to figure out my price structure. I have a number in mind, but I was hoping to ask the audience.

<3 you guys
I do farmers markets in CA and previously in CO. I charge $5 for my 4" potted tomatoes with a quantity discount . My basil is sold in 2" pots for 2/$5. Some venders do $4 for their tomatoes.

Rigo007

Administrator
I think here the tomatoes go from 2.99 to 4.99, depending on the store and or variety. As for the 6 pack, I have no idea.

Shaft

I ended up with the following pricing structure:

3" Pot
$7 for herbs - organic
$10 for anything else - organic
$15 for peppers - organic

1 gallon pot
$20 for tomatoes - organic
$30 for peppers - organic
$30 for figs (celeste, brown turkey, vdb) - organic

I probably could've charged more. We sold out a bit early so there were two weeks there where we pretty much had no inventory. We took last week off to replenish inventory and it's back to business as usual.

Organic Fertilizers (32 oz concentrate becomes 5 gallons)
$5 for Nettle Tea
$5 for Worm Tea
$5 for Compost Tea
$5 for Comfrey tea

Produce
$1 per ounce for Oregano, fresh - organic
$1 per gram for Stinging Nettle, frozen - organic

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member