What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

PNW Fig Growers

Shaft

Hey, it might be useful to have lists of where people are from. Different regions experience different climates, different obstacles, different challenges to overcome. This list might also be useful to organize a get-together some place, some time in the future. Who knows the possibilities? Please leave a comment with your name, location, and zone to get added to the list or private message me. Any additional information you wish to provide is welcome!

This list is for the rainy and arboreal Pacific Northwest

• Kim Tien (seattlefiggirl) | Seattle, WA | Zone 8b
  • (mzzfoggy) | Pacific NW | Zone 8
  • (IzzyBe) | Vancouver, WA | Zone 8b
  • (milker) | Gaston, OR | Zone 8b
  • (Krmower) | Tacoma, WA | Zone 8b
  • Josh (JoshJ) | Lebanon, OR | Zone 8a
  • (dbixler) | Millersburg, OR | Zone 8b

Last edited:

milker

Newly Registered
Registered
Hi, just an old guy 96 and going strong. I have a couple dozen fig trees that Im' crazy about and living in rural Gaston Oregon area.

Rigo007

Administrator
Welcome aboard strong guy 👦 You've joined a group of addicts with similar interests. Enjoy your stay.

JoshJ

Newly Registered
Registered
My name is Josh, Lebanon Oregon zone 8a. I have over 100 varieties in my collection, dialing in what varieties perform best here in ground as well as rare and must haves.

dbixler

Newly Registered
Registered
New to figs but long time gardener with a lot of perennial edibles I am in Millersburg, OR.

Shaft

My name is Josh, Lebanon Oregon zone 8a. I have over 100 varieties in my collection, dialing in what varieties perform best here in ground as well as rare and must haves.
Your strategy reminds me of Bill Mollison's three phases of abundance. I'm bad at explaining things so I'll link you to the video. I think you'll relate :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMOLRsUyGKs

New to figs but long time gardener with a lot of perennial edibles I am in Millersburg, OR.

How did you get into figs? Welcome to the fold!

Also... updated.

JoshJ

Newly Registered
Registered
Your strategy reminds me of Bill Mollison's three phases of abundance. I'm bad at explaining things so I'll link you to the video. I think you'll relate :)

Also... updated.

Also... updated.
I started my fig hobby because of my Permaculture Food Forest Project! I didn't think I liked figs for most of my life, CRAZY!!!!!

Shaft

I started my fig hobby because of my Permaculture Food Forest Project! I didn't think I liked figs for most of my life, CRAZY!!!!!
Oh, wow. I am heavily into permaculture too. We should compare notes. The video I linked you to is actually from Les Miracles Fermes (Miracle Farms) the largest permaculture orchard in Canada/North America perhaps. I guess you already know about Mr Mollison then no need to evangelize ^_^

Saskysteve

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello Everyone!
Well I don’t know if I fall under NE or NW but I’m up in central Canada. Zone 4B.
I bought a couple figs from a sketchy place I found on Kijiji. The figs are looking strong but there are only 2 and I bring them inside for winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg