What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Ponte Tresa - Dried On The Tree

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
Every once in awhile it pays to have too many trees. I hadn’t seen this Ponte Tresa until just now. Wow. Just, wow

Attachments

• AB12F21D-716A-4585-87CA-E21D02C3CBEA.jpeg
    AB12F21D-716A-4585-87CA-E21D02C3CBEA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • B84E2D22-939A-463F-BD29-873417F9FD04.jpeg
    B84E2D22-939A-463F-BD29-873417F9FD04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Shaft

Oh my God that looks so amazing. Does that only happen in drier places like California or do you reckon it would happen here in humid NC too?

I've seen them rot on the trees, and I've seen some kind of get wrinkly, but never like that. My friend is convinced that that time I got sick was because I ate a wrinkly one. Is that a thing?

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
We have a really odd climate here. We get nightly ocean fogs and the humidity from 8PM-10AM is often mid 90’s. I’m always surprised when I find a dried on the tree fig. I think our cooler temps might help offset the humidity but that’s just a guess.
I DO get a lot of splitting to the daily shift of high humidity to low humidity.
Oh my God that looks so amazing. Does that only happen in drier places like California or do you reckon it would happen here in humid NC too?

I've seen them rot on the trees, and I've seen some kind of get wrinkly, but never like that. My friend is convinced that that time I got sick was because I ate a wrinkly one. Is that a thing?
fig

Newbie2figs

Fundamental
Remember when this was a sought after fig when I got into this addiction, I had it but lost it , I think it still would be a keeper in the fig collection and pictures don’t lie 😀, putting it back on my list 😢, list is growing 🥴

Rigo007

Administrator
I'm patiently waiting for this variety to let me try it out. My tree did not fruit unfortunately but it did grow for sure. Would you say it has a closed eye @Evdurtschi ?

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
I'm patiently waiting for this variety to let me try it out. My tree did not fruit unfortunately but it did grow for sure. Would you say it has a closed eye @Evdurtschi ?
Yes. It seems to have a nice closed eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna