What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Propagating Persimmon

tridrama

Fundamental
Anyone have any experience propagating persimmon cuttings? I hear they can be rooted about the same as figs. If there are any experts here, I'd love to get some tips before I try it.

Figology

Fundamental
I failed with the 100 I tried over the winter. Giant Fuyu was impossible for me.

Shaft

Yeah, all of the ones I rooted got really good healthy looking leaves but no roots, including the giant fuyu. I thought it was just me (I lost A LOT of cuttings over this winter)

garymc

Newly Registered
Registered
Has anyone tried air layering with or without marcotting?

tridrama

Fundamental
I've tried air-layering and sticking cuttings of Fuyu with rooting hormone. Both methods failed for me. Looking forward to hearing someone's consistently successful technique.

tlbluestone

Fundamental
I've tried air-layering and sticking cuttings of Fuyu with rooting hormone. Both methods failed for me. Looking forward to hearing someone's consistently successful technique.
Did you try using sphagnum moss because I follow someone on YouTube and that's what they use. I failed also because I was using sphagnum peat if that's what you used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg