What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

South-East Fig Growers

Gumbo2go

Newly Registered
Registered
Hey, it might be useful to have lists of where people are from. Different regions experience different climates, different obstacles, different challenges to overcome. This list might also be useful to organize a get-together some place, some time in the future. Who knows the possibilities? Please leave a comment with your name, location, and zone to get added to the list or private message me. Any additional information you wish to provide is welcome!

This list is for the hot and humid Southeastern United States, where summer rains are frequent and hurricanes abound!

• Malcolm Heath (Shaft) | Greenville, NC | Zone 8a
  • Rebecca Yavner (reb.yavner) | Sherman, TX | Zone 8a
  • Larry (iamthefigman) | Frisco, TX | Zone 8a
  • Eric Busby (ClintonFigs) | Clinton, MS | Zone 8a
  • LeConte (tridrama) | SC | Zone 7b
  • Rigo Amador (Rigo007) | South FL | Zone 10b
  • Gus Mitchell (GusMitchell) | Memphis, TN | Zone 7b
  • Lamar (sheergenius) | South MS | Zone 8b
  • (figfin47) | Gautier, MS | Zone 9a
  • Ana (AnaFL) | Central Florida | Zone 9b
  • Brandon Kelly (Fig bandit) | Greenville, NC | Zone 8a
  • Cindy (Firefly) | Kernersville, NC | Zone 7a
  • Dennis (Newtofigs) | Collierville, Memphis, TN | Zone 7b
  • JJ (Gumbo2go)/ Geismar, LA / Zone 8b

Shaft

Updated.

Thanks for the post guys. Feel free if you're new here to post an introductory thread and tell us a little bit about you, and what you've got growing on, what you're looking forward to this upcoming growing season. It's a great way for us to get to know you, ask questions and welcome you into the community.

Maria F

Newly Registered
Registered
Hey, it might be useful to have lists of where people are from. Different regions experience different climates, different obstacles, different challenges to overcome. This list might also be useful to organize a get-together some place, some time in the future. Who knows the possibilities? Please leave a comment with your name, location, and zone to get added to the list or private message me. Any additional information you wish to provide is welcome!

This list is for the hot and humid Southeastern United States, where summer rains are frequent and hurricanes abound!

• Paul (LONESTAR) l Montgomery,Texas l Zone 8b
  • John Russell (JMRTSUS) | Ooltewah, TN | Zone 7b
Maria Westmoreland, Riegelwood, N.C. Zone 8a

Maria F

Newly Registered
Registered
Updated.

Thanks for the post guys. Feel free if you're new here to post an introductory thread and tell us a little bit about you, and what you've got growing on, what you're looking forward to this upcoming growing season. It's a great way for us to get to know you, ask questions and welcome you into the community.
I’m new and not good to moved trough the internet, but I love figs, I have about 40 different varieties of common figs, I have one year collecting them, I just propagate few of them, I’m happy with the results, I’m hopping to learn more from everybody, Thank You!

Shaft

Maria Westmoreland, Riegelwood, N.C. Zone 8a
Welcome to the forum! If you have any issues navigating the website or need help learning just reach out.

I'm from Greenville, NC. We're neighbors! :)

rksamon

Newly Registered
Registered
New here - from middle TN - zone 6B Grew up in south Louisiana surrounded by fig trees and desperately miss them. Looking forward to hearing about different fig varieties.

ManyasFigsation

Newly Registered
Registered
Central Virginia 7a. Growing 30+ Varieties of Figs, Raspberries, Grapes, Strawberries, Mandarine, Dwarf Peach, Apricot, 12 Varieties of Blueberries, Currants, and some annuals like tomatoes, squash and peas all in containers and buckets.

Attachments

• F50401A9-9E64-4E85-A1D1-C74EE54AC165.png
    F50401A9-9E64-4E85-A1D1-C74EE54AC165.png
    23.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 044EFE88-089D-4C77-B225-2CD10844B24B.png
    044EFE88-089D-4C77-B225-2CD10844B24B.png
    23.8 MB · Views: 0

jmrtsus

Fundamental
Central Virginia 7a. Growing 30+ Varieties of Figs, Raspberries, Grapes, Strawberries, Mandarine, Dwarf Peach, Apricot, 12 Varieties of Blueberries, Currants, and some annuals like tomatoes, squash and peas all in containers and buckets.
Nice......now the waiting.......waiting.......

ErmeLinda

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello, my name is ErmeLinda and I live in Fountain, Fl in zone 8B. All I really know about figs is that I ❤️ to eat them! I can't say that I've ever had any specific type or cultivar. I know I've had store bought and fresh from a friend's friend's family member. I've acquired what I was told were a Celeste and Brown Turkey last year, I just got cuttings from a tree on the property my SIL purchased about a month ago and I purchased a Black Mission and LSU Purple from a nursery roughly 2 weeks ago and an Olympian from Lowes today. I would love recommendations on other types of figs that will thrive in my area and info on where to purchase them, also.
Aside from figs but still in the trees, shrubs, and vines categories, I have about 20 different types of citrus trees including Budda's Hand that we have purchased from different nurseries! 😊😊😊 We have also practiced grafting at least 70 citrus seedlings 🌱. We have roughly 30 Tamarindo saplings, two peach trees, 2 plum trees, 1 nectarine tree, 4 blueberry, a gooseberry, 2 Amla seedlings, a currant, 80 one year old asparagus, 2 apple trees, 5 banana trees, 5 elderberry saplings, 3 gogi berry "plants," a thornless blackberry, and 2 grape vines. At last count about 70 guanabana week old seedlings have come through.
WOW I've never taken inventory before. That's a lot of stuff to have in pots!

Jackie

Newly Registered
Registered
Wow! Wish I had you for a neighbor. We could trade plants and cuttings.

Mratkins6280

Newly Registered
Registered

Michael Atkins (mratkins6280) Eupora, MS

NoireDeB

Newly Registered
Registered

• Maria Westmoreland (Maria F) | Riegelwood, N.C | Zone 8a
  • (rksamon) | Central TN | Zone 6B
  • (backyardfigs) | Clinton, MS & Vicksburg, MS | Zones 8A & 8B, respectively
  • (ManyasFigsation) | Central Virginia | Zone 7a
  • (ErmeLinda) | Fountain, Fl | Zone 8B
  • Michael Atkins (mratkins6280) | Eupora, MS | Zone 8A
Avery Cason zone 8A Locust Grove GA 30248

DixonFM

Newly Registered
Registered
Mark in (currently) hot humid wet Greensboro, NC, 7b

Seafever

Newly Registered
Registered
Chris Moncks Corner, SC Zone 8b. Currently have Celeste and Black Mission for sure. Possibly have Conadria, Peters Honey, and LSU purple. I say possibly because the vendor sent the wrong trees and can not identify them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg