What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Still a Newbie

mm3

Newly Registered
Registered
Hi,

Still learning about these fascinating figs. This upcoming season will be my 3rd go at rooting cuttings. I have been fairly successful at some of it but still have yet to really get any figs. It gets out of hand pretty quickly doesn't it? :ROFLMAO: I have about 30 varieties but they are all small. Zone 8b. someday I will have figs.....

tlbluestone

Fundamental
Hi,

Still learning about these fascinating figs. This upcoming season will be my 3rd go at rooting cuttings. I have been fairly successful at some of it but still have yet to really get any figs. It gets out of hand pretty quickly doesn't it? :ROFLMAO: I have about 30 varieties but they are all small. Zone 8b. someday I will have figs.....
Hi, I'm a firm believer in fertilizer but some people don't use it and to eaches own on that. My problem was i ran out of time for figs to ripen even though the trees had decent growth results. So since they were cuttings from last winter and produced figs I'm hoping for figs in the spring by offering the trees sunlight since I'm storing the containers in my garage over winter since mine are mostly in containers.

Shaft

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!
If you want any tips for how to root, this is a great place to ask for them. Figs can take time. Are your figs in containers, or in the ground?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg