What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

The Heat Is On!

Getfiggywitit65

Fundamental
Hey fig family, it's been a minute since I last posted, but believe me when I tell you that "it's hot as a newbie's BBQ grill". I have been busier than 'a one legged man in an ______ kicking contest". However, I digress. Family, I have been blessed by "the great fig-daddy in the sky" and nearly all of my cuttings did well, I did lose a few but man the one's that I have are all of my wish-list, there are only a few at this point that I feel I need to complete my collection. Now let's talk figs, I'll have to check my wish-list to be sure but man, I have 3 month old fig trees with nearly full sized figs. To what do I attribute this to? Four things! What pray chance might they be old rookie fig-man? The first thing is having healthy cuttings to begin with, the second is taking care hygienically, of the cuttings and the environment in which you hope to root your cuttings. Third is once rooted take care not to expose your you cutting to any temperature extremes and avoid placing your cuttings in direct sun-light until they have been properly hardened-off, that may differ depending on where you live. That was the cause of my casualties this year, they where not ready for the light intensity to which they were subjected. Fourth and final thing, since they are most likely in pots of some kind, you, I mean you must provide them with everything that they need for growth and well-being. Good well draining soil that has been inoculated with the proper bacteria required for the utilization of all the good things you provide for your babies. Think what is necessary for the life sequence of a fig tree do a little research and that well give you a slight advantage and that's all you need. Check out this video to get a idea of my figdom.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0fshOsLI5c&t=27s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg