What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

figfin47 GAUTIER MISSISSIPPI

Shaft

Welcome! If you can tell us more about Gautier, about your climate, about rainfall during the ripening season (is it fall or summer?), about your altitude and your zone we can help pinpoint conditions in your area to look out for, and identify fig characteristics you would find beneficial versus wanting to stay away from.

Thanks for joining our little slice of paradise.

figfin47

Newly Registered
Registered
Gautier is located between Biloxi and Pascagoula Mississippi. Rainy and humid summers with normally dryer fall season. Average summer temperature 90 + degrees. Our soil resembles greyish sandy (near dust like) soil. We're about 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico. Our altitude is 20 feet above sea level. Thank you so much for your welcome comments I sincerely appreciate your quick response to a newbie .

Shaft

Your climate sounds just like mine, but our soils are different. Welcome aboard. I'm Malcolm. Its a pleasure to meet you

You mentioned being a new collector. How far along in your collection are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna