What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Figs & Permaculture - November 2021

Shaft

November 11, 2021 - Greenville, NC

I want to get anyone in the area, or local, together at a permaculture site in Grimesland to discuss what permaculture is, how to do permaculture, and why figs are a permaculture treasure.

Gardening is work no matter what you do. Most people spend most of their time working hard to make sure their crops grow well. Others spend most of their time trying to prevent their plants from spreading, they call them invasive because they spread so far and so fast and grow so vigorously. That's exactly how I like my food to grow, personally, so wild I can barely contain it. That's a good problem to have. Gardening is work, no matter what you do: the choice is yours.

Shaft

Just bumping this thread to remind you guys I'm hosting this class in Greenville, NC on November 11.

Some of the topics included in the talk will be:
  • Sustainable agricultural practices
  • Agroforestry
  • Nitrogen Fixation
  • Earthworks & Irrigation
  • Disfavoring the pest, favoring the predator
We will also take a walk around the food forest for specific examples, as well as a taste-test of anything ripe enough to harvest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg