What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Flea Market Finds

Figology

Fundamental
I’ve been keeping an eye out for free or inexpensive gardening supplies. Today I got an excellent deal at a local flea market. $10 for (2) milk crates, $10 for (27) 2 gal pots, and $20 for (11) 15 gal pots. $40 all together. This would have been well over $100 if I purchased them new.

Attachments

• 152A763F-39E4-4505-95D5-6293F8BD6A73.jpeg
    152A763F-39E4-4505-95D5-6293F8BD6A73.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3

Shaft

That's awesome man! Love the thrifty spirit. Could I make a recommendation?

Call your local landscapers and arrange for them to keep their containers. They have to offload them at the dump otherwise, which costs time and money. You can pick up things up to 25gallons for free. I try to do a circuit of local landscapers all on one day with a big pickup truck. At the same time you can learn about great deals on rocks of various sizes (for greenhouse application), sand, and all kinds of other stuff that they've bought too much of and want to get rid of. I've got a local guy who sells me stuff AT COST with free delivery just so he can get rid of it after a job.

Figology

Fundamental
That’s a good idea. I thought about doing that and also having them keep an eye on customer’s fig trees. They’ll trim and I’ll take their waste.

Shaft

That’s a good idea. I thought about doing that and also having them keep an eye on customer’s fig trees. They’ll trim and I’ll take their waste.
I think that will work in your area, not in mine so much. No one knows or cares about figs or other fruit trees around here, not even the landscapers. It feels like everyone cares more about aesthetics than production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna