What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Portugal

Luiz Rodrigues

Newly Registered
Registered
Hello,
I am Luiz from Torres Novas, Portugal.
I am a begginer in fig growing, looking forward for learning from you all.
Regards.

Rigo007

Administrator
Welcome aboard, Luis!!! So you've heard of Preto Torres De Novas fig before? Hope you enjoy your stay and post at will.

Luiz Rodrigues

Newly Registered
Registered
Yea!
I am part of a team, GoFigo, which intends to recover the history and part of the economy, to modernize the production and processing techniques (making them more environmental friendly) and to improve the quality of that wonderful fig.
I will try to keep you up to date with news and progress on the "Figo Preto de Torres Novas" (FPTN).
Thank you for talking about the FPTN.

jmrtsus

Fundamental
Many years ago I visited Lisbon and fell in love with the people and your country. Unlike other countries I visited in Europe I never felt disliked or unsafe in Portugal. Wonderful happy people. I so want to return! Glad you are here!

Luiz Rodrigues

Newly Registered
Registered
Thank you for your nice words. Next time you travel to Portugal or Lisbon, reserve 1 ou 2 days to visit Torres Novas to see our fig orchards, particularly in summer/autumn to taste the figs . Torres Novas is a small city with a nice old center and beatiful landscaps around it. And it is only 100 km apart from Lisbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna