What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Had my first goumi …

backyardfigs

Fundamental
I had my first goumi berry yesterday. Tasted
Like a sweet tomato. Keeper. I have sweet scarlet in ground and Carmine is rooting. So far I’m 50/50 on four cuttings and the two others may make it. Everyone talked about how difficult to root. Stuck them in November outside in a rooting bed. The cold tolerance of sweet scarlet was excellent with early fruit set

Shaft

That's exciting, I've been wanting to get goumi. I don't like tomatoes though so now I'm a little bit scared =)

backyardfigs

Fundamental
You and I are the same I don’t like tomatoes. Interesting taste like a sweet tomato cherry when you eat the seed.

backyardfigs

Fundamental
Shaft, so my brother came over. He doesn’t like tomato’s ate a couple and said they taste like a grape. lol. Wants one now

Shaft

Shaft, so my brother came over. He doesn’t like tomato’s ate a couple and said they taste like a grape. lol. Wants one now
Sounds like I'm going to end up with some of these lol. I was going to make the purchase anyway just because I need more nitrogen fixers in my landscape on all seven planes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna