What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Newbie fig grower

Iamthefigman

Fundamental
Greetings everyone,
My name is Larry it will be a pleasure getting to know everyone and gaining information to add to my successes.

I am new to fig propagation and growing but not so new to gardening. I live in North Texas in Frisco to be exact. Frisco is just north of Dallas. I got into fig propagation via events out of my control. But to be honest fig propagation was something to keep me occupied.
I started my little collection by purchasing a brown turkey at my local nursery. Quickly followed by a second fig. My second was a Celeste from the same nursery. The odd thing I found was that both times I purchased mine they only had one plant. After doing some shopping and online searches I found out just how many varieties were out there.
As far as varieties I have picked out I only have maybe ten for sure less than twenty. I have started taking cuttings from my trees and growing those. I was able to raise several hundred dollars to help fund a scout project my youngest son was leading.
It really has given me something to mend and grow closer to my family.

Shaft

I too joined figs because of my son, and I hope that I, like you, will become closer to him for it. I'm sure you're very proud of your scout!

Iamthefigman

Fundamental
Sometimes growing up with boys is harder . It has been great watching him learn and get involved with all the power tools. Now I need to wade through all my tools and his tools. The scout thing has been fun for him and rewarding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna