What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Pot container fruit suggestion

backyardfigs

Fundamental
I got strawberry, goumi, blueberry, figs, blackberry growing like mad. I’m looking for another fruit to put in 10 gallon sip pot. Zone 8a would like it to stay below 4 feet. Any suggestions? 6 hours sun Bananas I tried years back, get big beautiful but never produce. Rigo? Anyone. Even if it’s exotic

backyardfigs

Fundamental
Well some guy at nursery sold me on muscadine. Hopefully better luck with it this time. Have a decent place for it so we shall see. Also I think I’m gonna do a honeysuckle but haven’t found one local yet with a red variety. Let me know if anyone has another suggestions. May run something up like an arbor if I get around to it.

Shaft

Muscadine grows here wild like a weed. Bananas take 18 months or so to bear fruit so it's too cold here for that. Honeysuckle? Try honeyberries. They're related to honeysuckle, but they kind of remind of an early season blueberry.

ManyasFigsation

Newly Registered
Registered
I suggest Fall Gold Raspberries (Everbearing) or Currants(Shade tolerant and highly productive also 10x antioxidant of blueberries). I’m also successfully growing a Catawba Grape in a 18 Gal Tote (about 6ft tall but could have been trained shorder). First year the grape was in a 7 gallon but produced no grapes, but we got it in June also which was way too late for flowers. I’m not sure about the number of clusters now but there are so many we may be pruning some off. Plus the grape survived with no protection and I left it to water itself basically last summer due to other projects. We’re in Virginia 7a/7b. I attached pictures of the grape taken today with the Fall Gold Raspberry Container I started in March this year currently loaded with Raspberries. Good luck!

3B622ADE-1BA2-4927-94D3-1C016CDD78E4.jpeg

773C3076-6BBB-45AF-B28E-F5E024D890DA.jpeg

View attachment 76D7B790-8348-4C9B-85B6-5498A049E0ED.jpeg

View attachment F80D2CBC-13F2-4A2F-89B3-64FAA37970E8.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna