What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Tiny hard figs

Hunter51

Newly Registered
Registered
I am new to this group. I live in Maryland near the District of Columbia. I planted a Champagne Fig tree three years ago. It was 7 inches tall. The nursery said it did not require pollination and would bear fruit after two years. The tree is now about 7 feet tall with tons of leaves and lots of very small, hard figs on it. The figs stop growing at about 1 inch in length. Most of them appeared in June or July. The tree gets plenty of sun but I have to admit I stopped using the bone meal fertilizer that came with it after the first year because my dogs kept trying to eat it. It is not a single trunk with branches. It’s got several stalks growing up from the base. Some have the small unformed fruits on them and some dont. Any advice is much appreciated, including any books that would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

jmrtsus

Fundamental
They can stay in that state for a while. Leave them alone. My Champagne has only ripened 2 so far this year in SE TN.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna