What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Tipping Seedlings

Figology

Fundamental
In my area I’m coming across tons of seedlings with no fruit. Some of them are close to 10 feet tall. I have a feeling most of them are males. Literally seen at least 100 of them and only found 2-3 females with fruit.

Will tipping them speed up fruit production?

Shaft

So I didn't originally respond to this because I have no idea what a lot of this is. What is "Tipping?" because I'm imagining it's similar to cow tipping, which is a very fun thing that stupid people do around here. But for some reason I don't think that's it. So that leads me to ask is it similar to "pinching"? Pinching will cause lateral growth, and could cause the tree to fruit, yes. More sunlight / pruning away shading branches / moving obstacles between the tree and the southern & western sun... these should all help.

Figology

Fundamental
Yes, tipping is the same as "pinching." I don’t why I didn’t say pinching. I’m trying to get them to fruit because most of them don’t have any and they’re fairly tall.

Shaft

Yes, tipping is the same as "pinching." I don’t why I didn’t say pinching. I’m trying to get them to fruit because most of them don’t have any and they’re fairly tall.
Go for it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna