What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Where to buy...

rksamon

Newly Registered
Registered
Thanks for the ideas on varieties from my first post. I am now on the hunt for some of them. I currently don't have the time or energy to devote to cultivate my own figs from cuttings (I know how, but life is beyond overwhelming right now), so I would like to purchase some already started. Any recommendations on purchasing online?

Shaft

Thanks for the ideas on varieties from my first post. I am now on the hunt for some of them. I currently don't have the time or energy to devote to cultivate my own figs from cuttings (I know how, but life is beyond overwhelming right now), so I would like to purchase some already started. Any recommendations on purchasing online?
Can you provide a list of which figs you're considering from the other thread?

rksamon

Newly Registered
Registered
LSU Purple, Scott's Black, VDB/LMF, LSU O'Rourke, or other early varieties

Shaft

I've got extra VDB I could sell you, if you want a larger specimen. I've got one I could gift you, if you don't mind babying a rooted cutting, and will pay for shipping.

I might also have an LSU Purple, I would need to check and get back with you.

One Green World has good plants. Off the Beaten Path seems to as well. Wellspring Gardens has some LSU Purple for like $15, but those are going to be tissue culture. Depends on if you want a TC but my impressions of TC from the greater community is that TC=bad.

jmrtsus

Fundamental
Don't buy unless you know if you are buying a T/C (Tissue Culture) fig or a cutting. T/C have a mixed record of getting what you paid for, my LSU Purple after 5 years turned out to be a Celeste and also forever to fruit for some of us. If you buy trees from cutting and known reliable sellers you will be happier and have fruit sooner probably. BTW, Scott's Black in not an early fig. It is a really good fig though. I still have 2 T/C figs going into their 7th year and no clue what they are as they have never produced fruit.

rksamon

Newly Registered
Registered
I've got extra VDB I could sell you, if you want a larger specimen. I've got one I could gift you, if you don't mind babying a rooted cutting, and will pay for shipping.

One Green World has good plants. Off the Beaten Path seems to as well. Wellspring Gardens has some LSU Purple for like $15, but those are going to be tissue culture. Depends on if you want a TC but my impressions of TC from the greater community is that TC=bad.
Thanks for the suggestions of online sources. I don't have time to add more baby plants to my world right now, but I would be interested in getting more info on cost and shipping for the larger VDB.

Shaft

Thanks for the suggestions of online sources. I don't have time to add more baby plants to my world right now, but I would be interested in getting more info on cost and shipping for the larger VDB.
Let me see how many of the VDB I have left. They've been selling really good lately. I might have sold them all =(

rksamon

Newly Registered
Registered
Let me see how many of the VDB I have left. They've been selling really good lately. I might have sold them all =(
ok - just let me know. And what varieties do you have available as a rooted cutting? If it is already rooted, I could probably manage the babying required while I baby my vegetable seedlings. :)

Shaft

I'll check and get back to you. I know I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon bareroot trees. I work all weekend so it will be some time next week.

My cuttings are in process of rooting but if anything has good roots in a smaller size I'll let you know

Shaft

We've got a good number of VDB available in 3x8 treepots I could let go for the price of shipping. I also have a 3 gallon VDB I was asking 50+shipping for. I still need to check on the other varieties that are well-rooted. At this time of year we are mid-rooting process so it's touch and go. I wouldn't want to sell you something less than perfectly rooted.

neikom729

Newly Registered
Registered

One Green World has good plants. Off the Beaten Path seems to as well. Wellspring Gardens has some LSU Purple for like $15, but those are going to be tissue culture. Depends on if you want a TC but my impressions of TC from the greater community is that
its informative

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nueces Neg