What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

You Can Keep ONE VARIETY OF FIG

Shaft

Someone just put a gun to your head. They said you have to cut down all of your fig trees, and burn all of the pieces, except for one. You can keep one. It could be your favorite late producer that gives you the best, but fewest figs. It could be your most prolific producer. It could be something more sentimental to you.

Which variety of fig would you pick to keep, and why?

Evdurtschi

The Fig-Tator
Administrator
I could never sacrifice my babies! Go ahead. Make my day!
Seriously though, I think I could possibly do 10 but that would mean many equally ranked figs would get dumped. 20? I could probably do that without crying TOO many nights…. Possibly? Maybe?….

Newbie2figs

Fundamental
I would probably keep BNR Haa or stripped figs because I love the mutation and strips on the figs and when friends come over they like WOW!!!! Need to get BBR and CDDR still and of course the berry flavor 👀

Shaft

I think mine is obvious, Israeli 7, for entirely sentimental reasons. I love my stepfather very much and he's in not so good health these days.

Figology

Fundamental
I would choose this unknown fig from a tree down the street. It’s been the best I’ve tried. A1786F99-31D6-4147-817D-1ECDD363689D.jpeg D97DA7E1-99D9-4CF4-A18E-940FDFBAB168.jpeg

Figology

Fundamental
I haven’t had for at least a month, but I remember the skin being soft, a nice lite figgy flavor, and having honey and sugar syrup taste. It’s a fig no one has identified on forums. I haven’t tried a lot of figs but IMO it’s definitely way better than YLN, BT, Verte, or Desert King.

Shaft

I've just now seen another fig do that. It's so cool! I want it in my mouth nao x)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Scianna